(Gives gender – specific) At its very basic interpretation, the worm can suggest the penis. Depending on the dreamer’s attitude to sexuality and gender, there may be a sense of threat.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Worm (Psychological / emotional perspective)The worm in dreams can also highlight our feelings of ineffectiveness and insignificance (whether this is about ourselves or others).If the worm is bigger than we are then this would suggest that our own sense of inferiority is a problem.If we are particularly conscious of a wormcast…
- Dream Worm (Material aspects)Most dreams about worms are fairly ambivalent.The worm is not necessarily seen to be particularly clean, so phrases like ‘the worm turning’ suggests that we have decided to state our case.A can of worms could be transformative or a difficult mess.
- Dream Tail (Gives gender - specific) In a man’s dream the tail can indicate sexual excitement, or possibly, by association, the penis.For a woman it will initially suggest her own basic energy, and perhaps later on her way of linking with her own latent powers.
- Dream Worm Dreams about worms suggest that someone that the dreamer cares for is being dishonest for fear of hurting the dreamer.
- Dream Threat / Threaten (Gives gender - specific) In both men’s and women’s dreams the opposite gender can pose a threat.Thus a man might feel threatened by the image of a vengeful goddess (an aspect of the anima) and a woman by an overbearing ogre (an aspect of the animus).
- Dream Knob (Gives gender - specific) Since many people still have difficulty in calling ‘private parts’ by their correct name, a knob appearing in a dream can represent the penis or, if the dreamer is a man, his masculinity.
- Dream Rocket (Gives gender - specific) The rocket in basic terms has a connection with male sexuality and can have this significance in both men’s and women’s dreams. Consult the entries for aeroplane, journey and transport for further information.
- Dream Fish (Gives gender - specific) It has been thought that small fish represent semen in a woman’s dream and larger fish suggest children.In a man’s dream, small ‘fry’ suggest problems with self-image – he has not yet integrated certain aspects of his personality.The rod probably represents the penis.
- Dream Invisible (Gives gender - specific) Sometimes a figure (either a man or woman), though seeming to be invisible, can represent the shadow.In both men’s and women’s dreams it will have the same gender as the dreamer.
- Dream Wand (Gives gender - specific) As an instrument of power, the wand can rather obviously suggest the penis. However, as more people become intrigued by magic it will revert to its older meaning of a magically charged tool.In a woman’s dream it is possibly used from a more emotional perspective, whereas…