Traditionally, the only people who were allowed to tend unicorns were virgins. When a unicorn appears in a dream, we are linking with the innocent, pure part of ourselves.
This is the instinctive, receptive feminine principle.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Unicorn As a symbol of purity the unicorn traditionally could only be owned and perceived by virgins.It is a return to, and a resurgence of, an innocence necessary in self-understanding and it often suggests the control of the ego and selfishness.
- Dream Unicorn To dream of a unicorn is positive, symbolizing high ideals, hope and insight in a current situation.It also symbolizes power, gentleness, and purity.
- Dream Unicorn The unicorn signifies unconditional love and symbolizes high ideals, hope and insight in a current situation.It also suggests power, gentleness and purity.
- Dream Unicorn (Psychological / emotional perspective)There is a story that unicorns missed being taken into noah’s ark because they were too busy playing.They represent intuitive knowledge; in this context we need to be mindful of what is going on in the real world if we are to survive.
- Dream Fabulous Beasts (Gives gender - specific) The unicorn has its horn representing mysticism, the griffin has the qualities of both the lion and the eagle.These representations are of the best qualities of masculinity and femininity. Only the purest of women (the virgin) can tame the unicorn and only the bravest of men…
- Dream Basket Baskets traditionally represent the seasons.A full one, for instance, is full fruition and abundance, a time of harvesting.As a container, a basket can also represent the feminine closing or receptive principle.
- Dream Nymphs (Material aspects)Nymphs are personifications of feminine universal productivity.They have an innocent and carefree energy, which is naive and clear.They tend to be guardians of sacred spaces such as woods, mountains and lakes, and often manifest in dreams as such.
- Dream Urn The urn represents the feminine receptive principle. Consult the entries for death, jar and vase for further information.
- Dream Bow (Material aspects)To perceive a bow, as in cupid’s bow, can indicate the need to be loved – the union of masculine and feminine.To see a bow made of ribbon is making a connection to the feminine principle and beauty.An archery bow represents a compulsive force.
- Dream Arch Since the arch can suggest the yoni, the feminine receptive principle, this image usually suggests that we are experiencing a form of spiritual initiation. We are being born again, given a fresh start.