(Gives gender – specific) The salmon signifies abundance and masculinity and is also phallic.
In its fight to mate by swimming upstream it can also symbolize the sperm and may do so in men’s dreams. Often a salmon can appear in a woman’s dream as a symbol of her wish for pregnancy, whether this is a conscious wish or not.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Salmon (Material aspects)In modern medicine the omega 3 oil that is in salmon is a powerful brain food. When the salmon appears in dreams we may need such a substance or be being warned that we need to pay attention to our intellectual pursuits.
- Dream Salmon (Psychological / emotional perspective)In common with most fish when they appear in dreams, the salmon signifies our basic urges – most often the need for survival. By being able to put in effort we reap the rewards of our actions.
- Dream Salmon Dreaming of salmon, denotes that much good luck and pleasant duties will employ your time.For a young woman to eat it, foretells that she will marry a cheerful man, with means to keep her comfortable.
- Dream Salmon A potent image in mythology is the salmon of knowledge, which signifies knowledge of other worlds (the lands beneath the sea) and of otherworldly things.This conforms to shamanistic belief that creatures have the ability to visit other dimensions.
- Dream Swimming (Material aspects)Dreaming of swimming has much the same symbolism as immersion.To be swimming upstream in a dream would indicate we are going against our own nature.Swimming fish can have the same symbolism as sperm and, therefore, can indicate the desire for a child.Swimming in clear water indicates being cleansed, whereas…
- Dream Spear (Gives gender - specific) A spear represents the masculine in dreams and is a phallic symbol. Whether it appears in a man’s or a woman’s dream, it allows us to be conscious of the need to cut out nonsense and get straight to the point.
- Dream Pregnancy (Gives gender - specific) Interestingly enough, for a woman to dream of pregnancy seldom actually means her own pregnancy, although it can indicate pregnancy in someone around her.For a man, dreaming of the pregnancy of his wife or partner can indicate his willingness to take on extra responsibility.
- Dream Garlic (Gives gender - specific) As a fertility symbol a full head of garlic in a woman’s dream may symbolize the testicles.In a man’s case such a dream is more about essential masculinity. You might also like to consult the entries for magic / magician, protect / protection and witch.
- Dream Fish (Psychological / emotional perspective)Dreaming of fish connects with the emotional side of ourselves, but more our ability to be wise without being strategic. We can often simply respond instinctively to what is going on, without needing to analyze it.The salmon symbolizes wisdom; a cooked fish is a completed task and…
- Dream Caterpillar (Gives gender - specific) The caterpillar is a recognizable first symbol of the growth process.In a woman’s dream it may represent an awareness of a potential pregnancy whereas for a boy such an image suggests his emerging sexuality.In a man’s dream a caterpillar signifies the commencement of a journey of…