(Psychological / emotional perspective)
Flogging someone else means we have to be careful that we are not attempting to impose our will on or torture the dream figure. Flogging in the sense of selling something suggests that we have to be aggressive in promoting our ideas.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Flogging Flogging with a whip or scourge suggests punishment and the atonement of sins.
- Dream Flogging (Material aspects)Any violent act against the person usually indicates some form of punishment.To dream of being flogged would indicate that we are aware that someone is driving us beyond our limits, often in an inappropriate manner. Flogging ourselves would highlight a type of masochism in our own personality, which may…
- Dream Bag (Psychological / emotional perspective)Depending on the actual bag (e.G.A handbag, a shopping bag) and what is in it, we are probably hiding certain aspects of ourselves from public consideration.To be emptying a bag suggests that we are attempting to get rid of old concepts or ideas or other aspects which…
- Dream Goad (Psychological / emotional perspective)Psychologically, we are all goaded by our own more aggressive and negative parts. Often a dream can reveal how we are making things difficult for ourselves and indicate which part is becoming too aggressive.
- Dream Quit (Psychological / emotional perspective)Quitting a responsibility or feeling is to gain a sense of freedom from concern and it is this sense of freedom that allows us to experience new ideas and concepts.
- Dream Turn (Psychological / emotional perspective)Turning round or back in dreams is to look to the past for information.Turning on the spot suggests reaching for a different state of awareness.To turn our bodies over signifies attempting to gain a different viewpoint, whilst turning an object over is to try to uncover hidden…
- Dream Dismemberment (Psychological / emotional perspective)Psychologically we need to take our old feelings and ideas apart to make sense of what is going on.This process has to take place before we can rebuild our lives.
- Dream Bar (Psychological / emotional perspective)An iron bar suggests that we should look at how rigid or aggressive we are being in our behaviour.To be standing at a bar may represent a barrier to our sexual enjoyment or an awareness that we should preserve the status quo in our lives.
- Dream Strangle (Psychological / emotional perspective)Strangulation suggests a violent act of suppression. Emotionally, our more violent, aggressive side may not allow us to act appropriately in certain situations.In dreams this can appear as strangling.
- Dream X (Psychological / emotional perspective)If a cross appears in the shape of an x, this usually represents the idea of sacrifice or perhaps of torture.