Fasting is a very old way of bringing about a change in consciousness, and also a move towards self-realization through resistance to temptation.
It is considered to be the most powerful spiritual discipline there is, but should not be indulged in in everyday life without properly qualified support. Dreaming of fasting suggests that some kind of spiritual discipline may be required.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Fasting (Psychological / emotional perspective)Dreams while actively fasting can be particularly vivid or lurid.If we have what we consider to be a grievance, self-denial may manifest as the image of fasting (doing without sustenance).This may be the psyche’s way of making this grievance known.
- Dream Binge Any excess in spiritual terms is an attempt to change consciousness or awareness.Since bingeing is an intermittent activity it suggests that there are attempts to impose a degree of control without actually having the correct self-discipline.
- Dream Fasting Islamic Interpretation of Dreams (Ibn-i Sirin):(Armor; Protection) Fasting in a dream represents vows and offerings.Interrupting the fast in a dream means an illness, a journey or backbiting someone.If one interrupts his obligatory fast through forgetfulness in a dream, it means that he will receive a pleasing gift or money. Fasting…
- Dream Famine (Gives gender - specific) In both men’s and women’s dreams famine suggests a lack of resources, though which particular ones will depend on everyday circumstances. You might also like to consult the entries for eat / eating, fasting, food and nourishment.
- Dream Meditation As a discipline, meditation helps us to become more aware of changes in consciousness.It also has the effect of opening our minds to dreaming as a spiritual learning tool.After learning meditation, our dreams take on a different depth and clarity.For instance, the mandala seen in dreams can become a gauge…
- Dream Beg / Beggar Begging was at one time considered a valid spiritual discipline in that people were expected to share what they had.A beggar can be a hermit and, therefore, a spiritual petitioner, someone who trusts in the universe to provide.
- Dream Tame Spiritual energy is quite powerful and as part of our discipline we must learn self-control, to tame it.
- Dream Lent Islamic Interpretation of Dreams (Ibn-i Sirin):(See Fasting; Ramadiin)
- Dream Ramadan Islamic Interpretation of Dreams (Ibn-i Sirin):(See Arabic months; Fasting)
- Dream Crane As a bird, the crane is a messenger of the gods.It allows communion with the gods and the ability to enter into higher states of consciousness.T’ai chi, a form of spiritual discipline, is said to symbolize a fight between a crane and a snake.