Originally ‘to defy’ meant to renounce our faith, but its more modern day meaning is to challenge belief or given wisdom.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Defy / Defiant (Material aspects)When we defy authority in dreams it is often because intrinsically we are aware that something is not right in our waking life.
- Dream Defy / Defiant (Psychological / emotional perspective)To be defiant suggests that we cannot accept and act on information we have been given.
- Dream Hieroglyphics True hieroglyphics in dreams are symbols and pictorial representations with hidden meanings, which connect us with a particular stream of knowledge that belongs to the egyptians. Egyptian magic is a system of belief that gave access to the will of the divine and, once the symbology is understood, can greatly…
- Dream Demon Although the word ‘demon’ originally came from the greek word for ‘deity’, for many hundreds of years it was taken simply to mean spirit.In the modern day it is taken to be an evil spirit, one at odds with god, and has this meaning in dreams.
- Dream Apocalypse The end of the world as we know it is such a potent image that it is part and parcel of almost every religion’s belief system.In dreams the apocalypse (literally ‘the lifting of the veil’) is often the revelation of hidden meaning.It has much to do with our fears, with…
- Dream Nurse / Nursing To nurse originally meant to suckle, to keep alive, and for this reason spiritually signifies the nourishing aspect of the great mother.
- Dream Prostitute Spiritually we need to accept other people’s values.A prostitute originally meant ‘one who stood before’, and in ancient times was a woman who initiated men into the mysteries of the sacred marriage, a rite of sacrifice.
- Dream Hit Hit initially meant ‘to meet with’ and it is this meaning that we can apply spiritually. When a revelation occurs or some truth becomes obvious, it can hit with the force of a blow, as in ‘it hit me all of a sudden’.
- Dream Beard Spiritually there is a degree of ambivalence in the symbol of the beard and the meaning will depend on the dreamer’s own culture.It may mean wisdom and dignity, or alternatively it may mean deceit and deviousness.The bearded wise old man of the archetypes signifies inner wisdom.
- Dream Repair An older meaning of repair was ‘to go back’ and it is this meaning that is most spiritually relevant.The idea of going back to where we came from – to source – is an accepted spiritual belief.