Babysitting is an activity which crosses the divide between the spiritual and the physical.
Spiritually it suggests the nurturing, caring side of the personality or that part which is ready to take responsibility for others.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Babysitting (Psychological / emotional perspective)Viewed from a psychological perspective, babysitting in dreams suggests that there may be a part of our personality which has not yet matured fully and needs looking after.
- Dream Babysitting (Gives gender - specific) In a man’s dream, to be babysitting suggests an increase in responsibility which may not necessarily be family related, whereas in a woman’s dream it is more likely to be.
- Dream Babysitting / Babysitter To dream of babysitting children, represents your need to make stronger friendships based on real affection and values, instead of superficial things.If the baby you are taking care of is crying, you are lacking understanding from others.If you dream that someone is babysitting you, you are frustrated that others try…
- Dream Babysitting (Material aspects)For many teenagers, babysitting is an ordinary, mundane activity and thus provides a dream scenario in which they can work out their attitude to other responsibilities in their lives.For others it may highlight their attitude to family responsibilities or to parenthood.
- Dream Caring Professions Such As Nurses, Nuns Etc. Often these characters represent the side of us that has been ‘called’ or has a vocation; this suggests the more compassionate, nurturing side. When such characters appear in a man’s dream the relationship that is represented is often non sexual in nature.
- Dream Cakes (Gives gender - specific) Traditionally, baking cakes was a particularly feminine activity, and therefore such dreams had more relevance to nurturing.As men develop their more caring side, cakes take on this meaning in their dreams.To interpret the meaning of candles on a cake consult the entries for candle and numbers.
- Dream Pan / Pot As always, any receptacle suggests the containing feminine principle, usually the nurturing side.A pot can have the same spiritual significance as a jar.
- Dream Body To dream of the upper part of the body links with the mind and the spiritual aspects of the character, while the lower part of the body represents the instincts and emotional aspects.An adult’s head on an immature body, or a child’s head on an adult body is an indication…
- Dream Groom To dream about a groom (or that you are a groom), represents your commitment to a relationship or situation. You may be teaming up with someone for a fruitful project.This dream can also suggest that your strong, assertive side is getting ready to merge with your intuitive, nurturing side.
- Dream Scaffold / Scaffolding (Psychological / emotional perspective)Sometimes in dreams a scaffold indicates an enforced ending.This can be death, but is more likely to suggest the ‘death’ of part of our personality.This suggests that because at this time we cannot integrate that part, we must stop the behaviour or activity that is causing a…