(Gives gender – specific) Arising from the patterning laid down in the womb, dreams of amputation of a limb can often have a sexual or gender specific meaning.
In a man’s dream there is an aspect of emasculation occurring, whereas in a woman’s dream, she may be experiencing problems with aspects of her animus.
Click to Continue Related Dream Interpretation ▼
- Dream Threat / Threaten (Gives gender - specific) In both men’s and women’s dreams the opposite gender can pose a threat.Thus a man might feel threatened by the image of a vengeful goddess (an aspect of the anima) and a woman by an overbearing ogre (an aspect of the animus).
- Dream Amputation (Material aspects)When we dream of the amputation of one of our own limbs, we risk or fear losing or cutting off, by repressing, a part of ourselves.There is loss of a facility or something we value.To dream of amputating someone else’s limb indicates our ability to deny others their right…
- Dream Amputation Spiritually any amputation signifies a loss of some sort – we may be attempting to disfigure the perfect. Often dreams show by their symbolism what is not right or good and a dream of amputation suggests that we need to take action to rectify the situation.
- Dream Confess / Confession (Gives gender - specific) When the other person is known in dreams or of the opposite gender both men and women will need to monitor their own integrity.This is an aspect of the animus or anima and suggests that the physical being is not in alignment with the spiritual self.
- Dream Damage (Gives gender - specific) Damage to the self, as in self-harm, in both men’s and women’s dreams, signifies a lack of self-appreciation.For a man, losing a limb highlights his sense of emasculation, whereas cutting into the flesh, particularly for a woman, signifies a release from pain.
- Dream Easter Egg (Gives gender - specific) Arising from the symbolic meaning of eggs, when a woman dreams specifically of an easter egg her attention may be being drawn in a nonthreatening way to her own fertility.For a man such a dream is more likely to be to do with his innate sense…
- Dream Sadism (Gives gender - specific) Sadistic behaviour that is not sexual in nature signifies a degree of childish cruelty in both men’s and women’s dreams.That cruelty may well be gender specific.
- Dream Advice (Gives gender - specific) In a man’s dream, if he is receiving advice from a woman he may find it helpful to identify with which aspect of his anima he is working.In a woman’s dream, she may wish to consider her animus as an ally rather than as an opponent.
- Dream Partner / Partnership (Gives gender - specific) In both men’s and women’s dreams, dreaming of a partner, particularly in a mixed gender relationship, will probably highlight the animus or anima.In many cases, a partner will represent the shadow, a ready recipient for aspects of our own negativity.
- Dream Crocodile (Gives gender - specific) In the egyptian story of isis and osiris the crocodile god is said to have swallowed osiris’ manhood.In a man’s dream, therefore, the crocodile can symbolize emasculation.In a woman’s dream it is more likely to represent an aspect of negative masculinity.